HP Itanium Redhat and Oracle

Pierre, Anthony Anthony.Pierre at petrotrin.com
Thu Nov 7 13:12:30 MET 2013

Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part --------------

Hello all,

We currently have  the following configuration for running SAP in house
(IA = HP Itanium 64bit )

   ECC6.0 environment

1.       Hardware – IA64bit

2.       Database version – Oracle 10g

3.       ABAP version - ERP 6.0  EHP4

4.       Red Hat Linux EL5

   Netweaver (BW/BI) environment

1.       Hardware – IA64 bit

2.       Database version – Oracle 10g

3.       ABAP version – Netweaver 7.0 EHP1

4.       Red Hat Linux EL5

Our investigations have revealed that SAP will not be certifying/upgrading  Oracle 11g and above on HP IA platform for Red Hat Linux just for  HP-UX.

Questions:

1.       Are there any companies with a similar configuration as we have above?

2.       If so, what are the decisions you are making with respect to upgrading?  - We have just under two (2) years before our upgrade cycle?

3.       If considering or if you have made the transition to Inter X86-64bit , how was that transition?

4.       Is it a good time to consider moving to an alternate database as well?

Regards

Anthony E. Pierre

ICT Administrator

---
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing by an officer of PETROTRIN, this
 communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may
 not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.
If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this
 communication, please contact the sender immediately.