Xen to VMware migration

michele.donna at holcim.com michele.donna at holcim.com
Thu Feb 9 13:19:18 MET 2012

Dear all

I'm planning to migrate some SAP VMs from Xen to VMWare and was wondering
if there are any performance benchmarks or suggestions on the storage type
to use..on Xen I was using logical volumes for VMs...my colleagues who run
the VMWare systems said me they only use files...will I encounter I/O
issues ?

Thanks and best regards
Michele
_____________________

Michele Donna
Holcim Group Support Ltd
Information and Knowledge Management
Im Schachen
5113 Holderbank
Phone +41 58 858 6632
Mobile +41 79 5540595
Fax +41 58 858 6650
michele.donna at holcim.com
www.holcim.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended only for the use of the above
named addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
it immediately and notify us by e-mail or telephone.