SAP CCMS nagio plugin configuration

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Thu May 8 09:31:49 MET DST 2008

PiCo   [06.05.2008 15:00]:
> Hi!
> I'm trying to use the CCMS nagios plugin to monitor some SAP system.

So do I :-)

> I'm having problem because seems that something missing in the configuration.
> This is my situation:
>
> 1. nagios (2.9) is installed and operative
doesn't matter here  ;-)

> 2. nagios plugin (1.4.9) is installed and operative.
OK

> 3. nagios CCMS plugin (0.7.3) is installed on plugin directory
> (/usr/local/nagios/libexec)
OK

> 4. nagios CCMS plugin config file is located on
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/sapmon/ (but I have tryed also with /etc/sapmon/)
/etc/sapmon is best, something is hardcoded to use this dir. Maybe a
simple symlink (ln -s /usr/local/nagios/etc/sapmon/ /etc/sapmon) helps.
See this:
---snip---
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_sap_cons -h
Agent

Syntax: /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_sap_cons <Template> <RFC-Template>

       <Template> defined in /etc/sapmon/agent.cfg
       <RFC-Template> defined in /etc/sapmon/login.cfg
---pins---

So, the config is expected in /etc/sapmon

> 5. example of agent.cfg:
> [TEMPLATE_workload]
> DESCRIPTION="Load Average"
> MONI_SET_NAME="SAP CCMS Admin Workplace"
> MONI_NAME="Operating System"
> MAX_TREE_DEPTH=0
> PATTERN_0="*\*\CPU\5minLoadAverage"

Hmhm. That's what was running with NW 2004. On NW2004s, this does not
seem to work, I have to use numeric template identifiers.

[TEMPLATE_47110815]
MONI_SET_NAME = "SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors"
MONI_NAME     = "All Contexts on Local Application Server"
PATTERN_0     = "*\PSAPSR3USR\Free space"

Invoking this:
./check_sap_cons 47110815 SOM
creates the response:
SOM Oracle PSAPSR3USR Free space 9998 MB

> 6. Example of login.cfg:
> [LOGIN_REM]
> LOGIN=-d REM -u nagios -p nagios -c 300 -h 10.4.5.107 -s 00

This was a great deed of SAP :-(. You may still enter the user name in
lowercase letters, but the password must be given in capitals in
NW2004s. Of course, you have to set the password in capitals inside SAP,
too. Beginning with NW2004s, SAP differs between uppercase and lowercase
letters in the password. BTW, You *must* the password inside SAP in
uppercase letters (and/ord ciphers); for the RFC call it is translated
into uppercase automagically by RFClib... (in my case)

> Problem:
> If I run (from /usr/local/nagios/libexec/)
> ./check_sap_cons workload REM
> I receive this error:
> Could not initialize INI-File
>
> What's missing ??

This error is indeed from check_sap_cons (see "strings
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_sap_cons"), but I never had the error.
Maybe you have another hardcoded directory in your check_sap_cons? Use
the "strings" command uopn it...

HTH
Werner

--
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
http://www.ufz.de - eMail: werner.flamme at ufz.de