RZ20 and Nagios

Marco Wiese mwiese at beit.de
Thu Mar 6 11:07:12 MET 2008

Werner Flamme <werner.flamme at ufz.de> schrieb am 06.03.2008 10:51:30:

> Marco Wiese   [06.03.2008 09:53]:
> > Werner Flamme <werner.flamme at ufz.de> schrieb am 05.03.2008 15:53:00:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> we use nagios (check_sap_cons) to query some data from the CCMS.
That's
> >> working fine (thanks to this mailing list ;-)) - Sol Man 4.0, NW
> > 2004s/7.0.
> >> Now we try to monitor our ERP systems insinde RZ20. The monitors are
> >> defined and show up in RZ20. But I cannot read them with the nagios
> > plugin.
> >> Are there special requirements for the indicators inside SAP? Or is
it
> >> impossible to read values from other systems?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Werner
> >>

> > Hi Werner,
> >
> > yes, it's possible. You can monitor all entries in RZ20 with
nagios-ccms
> > plugin. I figured out, that you have to set your monitor templates in
> > /etc/sapmon/agent.cfg with numbers, not with characters, such as
> > "TEMPLATE_15" instead of "TEMPLATE_JOBS" (just an example).
> >
> > So, here is an example of my agent.cfg, which works for me:
> >
> > [TEMPLATE_15]
> > DESCRIPTION="Enqueue Utilisation"
> > MONI_SET_NAME=SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors
> > MONI_NAME="All Monitoring Contexts"
> > MAX_TREE_DEPTH=0
> > PATTERN_0="QS0\Enqueue\Enqueue Server\Granule Entries Actual
Utilisation"

> > Just have a look at the pattern above. Modify it for your needs and
give
> > it a try. Compare the entries with the entries in your RZ20 (-> SAP
CCMS
> > Technical Expert Monitors -> All Monitoring Contexts -> Enqueue ->
Enqueue
> > Server -> Granule Entries Actual Utilisation).
> >
> > Let me know, if it works... :-)
> >

> Marco,
>
> thanks, but it does not help.
>
> We have a monitor collection in RZ20 named "Andere SAP Systeme" with the
> SAPSID as identifier underneath.
>
> A working config is:
> [TEMPLATE_systemfull]
> MONI_SET_NAME = "SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors"
> MONI_NAME     = "All Contexts on Local Application Server"
> PATTERN_0     = "*\SYSTEM\Used space"
>
> [TEMPLATE_gimmeall]
> MONI_SET_NAME = "SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors"
> MONI_NAME     = "All Contexts on Local Application Server"
> PATTERN_0     = "*"
>
> And the following samples do not work:
> [TEMPLATE_815]
> MONI_SET_NAME = "Andere SAP Systeme"
> MONI_NAME     = "SOM"
> PATTERN_0     = "*"
>
> [TEMPLATE_4711]
> MONI_SET_NAME = "Andere SAP Systeme"
> MONI_NAME     = "SOM"
> PATTERN_0     = "sapsom_SOM_00\R3Syslog\SyslogFreq"
>
> It does not matter what we give as MONI_NAME ord pattern, we do not see
> anything from "Andere SAP Systeme" :-(
>
> *headbang* to correct myself: just tested it with another SID as
> MONI_NAME - and it works! When using numbers, not when using letters.
> With [TEMPLATE_alluft] it still is "No information gathered! System up?"
>
> Thank you! Now we go to look for the slack joint ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Werner

Hey Werner,

I was just wondering about your pattern starting: sapsom_SOM_00
Normally, you have just 3 characters there (your system, such as SOM or
QS0 - whatever...), followed by the subtrees displayed in "MONI_SET_NAME"
Just to let me know: Does it work with your pattern mentioned above
(TEMPLATE_4711)???

Cheers,
Marco