Res: SAP R3 and Ubuntu Certification

Euler, Christian euler at aov.de
Wed Feb 27 14:03:00 MET 2008

Hi,

> Even if that's true, I can't see any problems with that since R3
> instances shouldn't make any io after startup, should they?
This is somewhat true, but the database instance does lots of I/O. And there's
not only disk I/O, you'll need also take care of network, paging, ...

Regards,
Christian Euler

AOV IT.Services GmbH
Bartholomäusweg 32
33334 Gütersloh
Tel. +49 (5241) 9463-101
Fax +49 (5241) 9463-55
eMail euler at aov.de
http://www.aov.de

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Gütersloh HRB 1265
Aufsichtratsvorsitzender: Bülent Uzuner
Geschäftsführung: Hans-Georg Oeser/Peter Schulte-Rentrop

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." (RFC 1925)