Res: SAP R3 and Ubuntu Certification

Euler, Christian euler at aov.de
Wed Feb 27 13:05:26 MET 2008

Hi,

> Can you back up the assertion that Ubuntu is slower? Are there sap
> specific patches that need to be applied to the kernel that SuSE and
> RH do?

I guess SuSE and/or RedHat kernels are more optimized for better I/O performance.

You know, every distrib has a different kernel setup (through patches or proc parameter settings).
This can cause funny things to happen when you are trying to pinpoint a problem across different distributions ;)

Regards,
Christian Euler

AOV IT.Services GmbH
Bartholomäusweg 32
33334 Gütersloh
Tel. +49 (5241) 9463-101
Fax +49 (5241) 9463-55
eMail euler at aov.de
http://www.aov.de

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Gütersloh HRB 1265
Aufsichtratsvorsitzender: Bülent Uzuner
Geschäftsführung: Hans-Georg Oeser/Peter Schulte-Rentrop

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." (RFC 1925)