SAP WAS on Debian system

Zoltan Sekeres zoltan.sekeres at collogia.de
Tue Oct 31 09:09:21 MET 2006

On 10/30/06, Juan Luis Ragel <jlragel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to install SAP Web Application Server on Linux Debian and Mysap
> netweaver testdrive.
> I have the just published testing DVD (with SAP WAS). But there are rpm
> packets in /server/RPMS/i386 and when i run install.sh, system said me:
>
> No SAPEULA License found.
>
> Can I install SAP WAS on Debian?

Short answer: no.
You cannot install RPMs on a Debian system. You could try a regular
install with SAPINST and there is even a guide for this:
https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4b5f23d3-0901-0010-19b6-d2e98d5586fb

Long answer: If you want to take the pain you can convert the RPM
packages to Debian packages via the *alien* tool. I went this route
and finally it worked out - after fixing several problems with file
permissions. YMMV.

--
zoltan