Reiser Vs Ext3

Axel Braun Doc.B at gmx.de
Tue Oct 24 11:31:32 MET DST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 19. Oktober 2006 16:35 schrieb Dale Wilson:
> For any new installation I would recommend ext3 over reiserfs.
> http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/09/27/suse-102-ditching-reiserfs-as-it-d
> efault-fs/

Yes, there are lots of discussions around ReiserFS, as well as the non-related
fact that Hans Reiser is in Jail (or is out in between? Dont know).

Nevertheless, over the last years I had god experiences with Reiser FS on
various systems (Server, Desktop, Notebook). In conjunction with LVM, resizing
etc. went smoothly.

So there is no reason for me to go away from Reiser3. Lets see if Reiser4
shows up in one of the coming Kernels. At least it is under evaluation by
Andrew Morton.

Cheers
Axel