Copying

"Döhr, Markus ICC-H" Markus.Doehr at siegenia-aubi.com
Thu Oct 19 19:12:00 MET DST 2006

> We are planning to migrate our production instance to the Hp
> 64-bit integrity line. We would to run our QA and Dev
> instance on the less expensive Opteron blade servers all
> using red hat 4.0.
>

> Will I be able to make homogenous system copy of my
> production instance to my QA instance?

If you use Linux you can do that. (Linux on Itanium-2 is Little Endian) - if
you use HP-UX you need to do those copies via R3load (HP-UX/IA64 is Big
Endian).

BTW: Opteron is MUCH faster than IA64 - we will migrate our production
system (SLES 9 on a rx4640) to Opteron :)

Greetz,

SIEGENIA-AUBI KG
Informationswesen

i.A.