Reiser Vs Ext3

Declan McArdle dmcardle at dna.ie
Wed Oct 18 18:52:10 MET DST 2006

We use reiser in work and it works very well on our SAP app servers.

I use ext3 at home.  No real problems. [1 problem ages ago when I
installed an old IDE drive in my S-ATA system, but gpart was able to
restore the partition table]

tune2fs has options so you can fsck/not fsck during reboots/scheduled
maintenance for example.  Don't know if touching /forcefsck to force an
fsck on next mount works any more or not though....