Java SAPGUI: Connection Process Bar freeze

Peter peter-mailbox at web.de
Fri Mar 18 21:35:41 MET 2005

Hello,

This problem was posted already from another user in this mailing list in
2001/2002, but I cannot find the solution for it in the thread. (see
http://listserv.sap.com/pipermail/linux.general/2001-November/001826.html and
http://listserv.sap.com/pipermail/linux.general/2002-January/002086.html)
I installed the SAP NetWeaver 04 - SAP Web Application Server on Linux
and MaxDB from DVD. The MaxDB runs but I cannot connect the DB via Java
SAPGUI.
The connection progress bar starts but stopps exactly in the middle.
My connection is 'conn=/H/nw4host/S/3201&expert=true'.
The Java SAPGUI is the one from DVD (Version 6.30r4).

best regards
Peter