Nagios ccms thresholds and ssh..

Michele Donna michele.donna at arxis.it
Tue Mar 15 13:24:40 MET 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup nagios with SAP ccms plugin and have a couple of
problems related to thresholds and ssh..

It seems that I can change the threshold values within nagios but when I
check on the SAP system in rz20 nothing has changed (although in
/var/log/nagios/nagios.log I have this entry : EXTERNAL COMMAND:
SAP_THRESHOLDS;ENT     sapsrv01_ENT_10
010000000138010000000000950000000032;1000;1000;500;2000;0;sapsrv01)

I read a previous similar post but didn't understand the solution :)

I read also that it's possible to start/stop SAP systems from nagios; I did
set the alias for hosts like servername_SID_sysnr and can see the start/stop
system link within nagios, but when I try to stop an instance nothing
happen; I did configure the ssh from remote althought I'm not sure how this
can be done correctly :)

Here are specs from my system :

SLES 8
Kernel 2.4.19-120
nagios-1.0b4-92
nagios-nsca-2.1-50
nagios-www-1.0b4-92
nagios-plugins-1.3b1-165
nagios-plugins-extras-1.3b1-165
nagios-plugins-sap-ccms-0.7.2-40 (recompiled from sources as I had troubles
with sm21)

Has anyone been able to setup those features ?

Many thanks and regards,
Michele