Splitting DB and CI ( database instance and Central Instance )

Pierre, Anthony Anthony.Pierre at petrotrin.com
Fri Mar 11 23:54:37 MET 2005

Hello,

1. I have installed  a test system with Db and CI on the same machine. I now have another machine and will like to split the DB and CI.

Do I have to do a complete reinstall or can I install the CI on the second machine  and point it to the DB  on the second machine

OS Linux 3.0, DB oracle 9.2.0.5,  Intel hardware

2.  Does SAP support 64-bit Linux on Intel  or AMD Opteron hardware and Oracle DB 9i or 10g ?

Anthony Pierre
ITT Administrator