FW: SAP NetWeaver 04 TestDrive SR1 - Add volume

Leon Boeijen Leon at TheMuth.com
Tue Jan 25 20:04:41 MET 2005

Hello Henrik,

Is the name of the file realy DISK0002, In my case it was DISKD0002
This a Data Volume.

If you want to keep the type to Link then you have to make you're own
symbolic link:

Logon to linux as root
Change dir to the data file dir
# cd /sapdb/NW4/data/NW4
Create the DISKD0002 file
# touch DISKD0002
Change the rights and user of the file
# chmod 660 DISKD0002
# chown sdb:sdba DISKD0002
Change dir to the sapdata dir
# cd /sapdb/NW4/sapdata
Create a link
# ln -s /sapdb/NW4/data/NW4/DISKD0002 DISKD0002

This makes a link from file /sapdb/NW4/sapdata/DISKD0002 to
/sapdb/NW4/data/NW4/DISKD0002
Now try again if you can create the new volume.

Regards,

Leon Boeijen
Leon at TheMuth.com

  _____