R: Problems starting WAS 640

Michele Donna michele.donna at arxis.it
Fri Jan 21 12:16:19 MET 2005

Hello,

I finally solved the problem...during the export of the non-unicode system I
choose to split the str files using the java program embedded in
sapinst...for some strange reason the export dump created was 2gb

I repeated the export with standard export options (no split of str) and
this time the dump was 1,6 GB

The installation of the Unicode system went fine and now it's up and
running..I believe the first export dump was corrupted since I had several
problems with the nametab..maybe it's a bug in the java splitting feature of
sapinst ??

Regards,
Michele