Error migrating to SAP Enterprise

"Döhr, Markus ICC-H" Markus.Doehr at siegenia-aubi.com
Mon Jan 17 20:40:43 MET 2005

Hi Antonio,

first of all this is a mailing list about Linux and MaxDB but neverless I'll
try to help you...

> We have a problem when we are trying to upgrade from SAP 45B
> to Enterprise, when reached the SHADOW_IMPORT_UPG2 phase the
> process hung and we had to stop it and reboot the system
> after changing a environment setting (OS).
> We restarted the process by the phase where it was but it didn´t work.

What do you mean with "it hung"? Disk I/O? Oracle shadow processes? Check
the file SHDUPGIMP1.ELG and SHDUPGIM2.ELG

> The operating system is an HP-UX 11.0B and we have installed
> Oracle 9.2.0.5 without problems. The process that we follow
> to upgrade is DOWNTIME-MINIMIZED, then we have up SAP (in
> fact is running perfectly) but the Shadow Instance that was
> before up, now it doesn't, and there is no way to get up.

Without specifying any error messages that are the (check dev_w* and
dev_disp files in /usr/sap/put/<SID>/DVEBMGS01/work)

> We're checking settings, notes... but nothing help us.

It's difficult to help you without any logfiles and/or console output :(

> Has anyone any idea what is wrong or how to proceed?

Again - post me (privately, not to the list) some data as stated above and
I'm sure we can figure out what's wrong.

Greetz,

SIEGENIA-AUBI KG
Informationswesen

i.A.