License expires (Arne Sickmann)

Rama Guptar guptarrama at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 16:09:31 MET 2005

> Hi,
>
> the license for my Linux 6.40 NW4 Testdrive expires in 4 days, so I went
> to http://www.sap.com/linux/eval/nw4/ and requested a new license file.
> I got it into my mailbox and installed it with "rpm -Uhv
> saplicense-maxdb-NW4-6.40-20050303.noarch.rpm".
> However, when I log on to SAP, I get the message "License expires in 4
> days".
>
> Does anyone know why that happens?

Dis you stopped the system when you install the license?  I found that once,
even though I stopp it, one of the process "saposcol" I think was still
running, it seem he read the license info only when he start,. so logging
oyn you see old infos.   I kill it by PID, install again just to be sure and
restart SAP, all OK.