SAP NW04 TestDrive SR1 - No profile found

Alexander Hass linux at sap.com
Thu Jan 13 10:33:12 MET 2005

Hello Henrik,

Henrik Damhøj Andersen wrote:
> So I just finished installing the SAP NW04 TestDrive SR1 on Suse 9.2 without
> any problems.... Except that I'm not able to start the server ;-)
>
> After the installation i rebooted the system, logon as root, 'su - nw4adm '
> and 'startsap nw4host'. Just to receive a 'No profile found' error.

this is an issue with SUSE 9.2: We are using a "virtual hostname" with a virtual
IP-address in this testdrive, but after rebooting the additional eth0:0
interface won't be enabled, so the system receives a wrong hostname and cannot
resolve its profiles.

Please refer to Fabrizio Muscarella's post from 10/12/2004 to this newsgroup,
there he describes a workaround.

Best regards,
	Alexander.

THE BEST RUN BUSINESSES RUN SAP