License expires (Arne Sickmann)

Jim Chan onedz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 23:50:28 MET DST 2005

Hello.

I am running SAP NetWeaver'04 / DB2 preview on Red Hat
Linux.  I had to renew my license, but after
uninstalling the old license RPM and installing the
new one the database wouldn't come up.  I have
verified that my Hardware key matches that of the
email containing the license RPM.

Here is what is shown in "startdb.log":

------------------------------ Wed Aug 17 11:31:49 PDT
2005
LOGFILE FOR STARTING DB6 (DB2 UDB)

------------------------------ Wed Aug 17 11:31:49 PDT
2005
checking required environment variables

DB2INSTANCE  is >db2si4<
INSTHOME       is >/db2/db2si4<
DB2DBDFT    is >SI4<

------------------------------ Wed Aug 17 11:31:49 PDT
2005
starting database manager

08/17/2005 11:31:49     0   0   SQL8000N  DB2START
processing failed; a valid product license was not
found.
SQL1032N  No start database manager command was
issued.  SQLSTATE=57019
Database Manager already running
SQL1032N  No start database manager command was
issued.  SQLSTATE=57019
Activate database failed

2005
R3trans connect to the database

R3trans check finished with return code: 12
R3trans connect failed
Notify your SAP/database administrator

2005
/usr/sap/SI4/SYS/exe/run/startdb: Terminating with
error code 2