Clustering Web AS 6.40 JAVA on Linux

Dale Wilson Dale.Wilson at axonglobal.com
Thu Apr 28 11:37:40 MET DST 2005

Has anyone out there attempted clustering of a central instance using
Web AS 6.40 JAVA (or ABAP+JAVA) on Linux? The information we have from
our hardware vendor is that it is not possible due to some problem with
using virtual host names under Linux. I haven't found any notes on the
issue, and we have successfully installed EP6 SP11 and XI 3.0 SP10 using
virtual host names, so I was wondering if anyone knows what the reasons
are for SAP not supporting this under Linux.

Regards,
Dale

The content of this email is confidential and for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee of this
email (or responsible for the delivery of this message
to such person) you may not copy, forward, disclose
or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form
whatsoever. If you have received this email in error
please email the sender by replying to this message
and delete this message thereafter.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business
of our Company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.