Problem connecting to the database

Sneha Shirolkar sshirolkar at leverent.com
Mon Apr 18 12:03:31 MET DST 2005

Hi,

I ran the SAP WAS installation on Red Hat. It went through. But now to start
the SAP software, I gave

su - wasadm and then startsap. But it shows error in starting databse. I am
not sure whether the SAPDB is installed properly or not.

The contents of  /usr/sap/WAS/wasadm/startdb.log file are :

------------------------------ Mon Apr 18 12:48:09 IST 2005
LOGFILE FOR STARTING DATABASE

Trying to start database ...

------------------------------ Mon Apr 18 12:48:09 IST 2005
Checking required environment variables

SAPSYSTEMNAME is >WAS<
DBNAME is >WAS<

------------------------------ Mon Apr 18 12:48:09 IST 2005
Connect to the database to check the database state

R3trans: connect check finished with return code: 12
Database not available

------------------------------ Mon Apr 18 12:48:09 IST 2005
Starting XServer

INFO 10004: Vserver started.

------------------------------ Mon Apr 18 12:48:09 IST 2005
Starting database

Starting Database Instance...
ERR
-24994,ERR_RTE: runtime environment error
1,Kernel died before reaching COLD state
Opening Database...
ERR
-24994,ERR_RTE: runtime environment error
1,Kernel died before reaching COLD state

------------------------------ Mon Apr 18 12:48:14 IST 2005
Connect to the database to verify the database is now open

R3trans check finished with return code: 12
*** ERROR: Restart of database failed
    Notify Database Administrator.
/usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/startdb: Terminating with error code 2