Linux and VMWare for a PRODUCTIVE environment

Nguyen Tuong-Huy t.nguyen at bvdit.be
Fri Oct 29 11:21:58 MET DST 2004

Hi Markus,

I found SAP note 171380-Linux Released IBM hardware :
     The basic models listed below were successfully tested for use with SAP
     software in the LinuxLab and were released for practical operation:
     - eserver xSeries x445 VMware ESX Server 2.1
and from VMWare:
	VMware ESX Server runs directly on your system hardware to provide a secure,
	uniform platform for easily deploying, managing, and remotely controlling multiple operating systems.
I'm not sure than Windows layer exists in this configuration.

The solution with zLinux is considered before. In this case, z/OS and DB2 are required for database part,
but we prefer a full linux solution.

Any others advise are welcome.

Best regards,
Tuong-Huy