Subject: mySAP WAS Test drive hangs during install of database creation

Guptar(Yahoo) rama_guptar at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 18:13:49 MET 2004

I too was having this problem yesterday!!!!... but for it appeared me the
loss of telnet was causing the install proces to die.  This leave SAP
dattabase partially installed, not good!!!  I have to uninstall SAP, for
safety I start at beginning and run direct from the system directly attached
keybord and screen (I think this is called main console).
If you system is not "headless" try to run install direct from there.  And
close any unneeded process before you are doing it.  I have found default
Redhat is having all kind of interesting wonderful things started, if you
let it decide by defaults.