My first startsap command...

list at yk.tp list at yk.tp
Tue Feb 24 16:53:26 MET 2004

Thanks for yor advise, Markus bur it did't help actually.

1. I executed saproot.sh BEFORE I check permission/owner of saposcol,
   which was very stupid of me ;-)

2. AFTER I executed saproot.sh, the same error came up althoug the
   permisson/owner of saposcol was just the same as you indicated.

3. Anyhow, it should be the problem of saposcol itself because I get
  the same error message like this.

yk at smp:~$ sudo su - aaaadm
smp:aaaadm 1> /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run/saposcol -l
error: permission denied on key 'net.unix.max_dgram_qlen'
error: permission denied on key 'kernel.cad_pid'
error: permission denied on key 'kernel.cap-bound'
Starting collector (create new process)
smp:aaaadm 2>

I think I have read a note which tells me to fech a newer version of
saposcol but I fogot which number of note it was ;-)

Thanks anyhow and I'll keep investigate.

... some silly outputs follow ...

[root at smp run]# pwd
/usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run
[root at smp run]# ./saproot.sh

Bad number of arguments!
Call ./saproot.sh <SID>
e.g ./saproot.sh C11

[root at smp run]# ./saproot.sh AAA

./saproot.sh: [: !=: unary operator expected
./saproot.sh: [: AAA: unary operator expected

Your database environment is set as :
DB2DBDFT    :
INSTHOME    :
DB2INSTANCE :
  Post Upgrade Activities for DB6

-> cd /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run
-> chown root:dbaaaadm /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run/dscdb6up
-> chmod 4772 /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run/dscdb6up
-> chmod 4755 db6util dmdb6srp brarchive brrestore
-> chown db2aaa brarchive brrestore
-> chgrp dbaaaadm /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/global
-> chmod 710 /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/global
-> chgrp dbaaaadm /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/global/dscdb6.conf
-> chmod 640 /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/global/dscdb6.conf
-> rm /usr/lib/libdb2.a
-> su - db2<sapsid> -c "db2  update dbm cfg using SYSADM_GROUP DB<SAPSID>ADM "
DB20000I  The UPDATE DATABASE MANAGER CONFIGURATION command completed
successfully.
DB21025I  Client changes will not be effective until the next time the
application is started or the TERMINATE command has been issued.  Server
changes will not be effective until the next DB2START command.

-> su - db2<sapsid> -c "db2  update dbm cfg using SYSCTRL_GROUP DB<SAPSID>CTL "
DB20000I  The UPDATE DATABASE MANAGER CONFIGURATION command completed
successfully.
DB21025I  Client changes will not be effective until the next time the
application is started or the TERMINATE command has been issued.  Server
changes will not be effective until the next DB2START command.

   Post Upgrade Activities for DB6
            finished successfully

Preparing saposcol ...

done
[root at smp run]#
[root at smp run]# su - aaaadm
smp:aaaadm 1> startsap

Starting SAP-Collector Daemon
------------------------------
error: permission denied on key 'net.unix.max_dgram_qlen'
error: permission denied on key 'kernel.cad_pid'
error: permission denied on key 'kernel.cap-bound'
Starting collector (create new process)
 saposcol on host smp started

Checking SAP R/3 AAA Database
------------------------------
 Database is not available via /usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run/R3trans -d -w

Starting SAP R/3 AAA Database
------------------------------
 Startup-Log is written to /home/aaaadm/startdb.log
 Database started

Checking SAP R/3 AAA Database
------------------------------
 Database is running

Starting SAP R/3 Instance
------------------------------
 Startup-Log is written to /home/aaaadm/startsap_smp_00.log
 Instance on host smp started

smp:aaaadm 2>

[root at smp run]# pwd
/usr/sap/AAA/SYS/exe/run
[root at smp run]# ls -l saposcol
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     sapsys     854389 Apr  4  2001 saposcol
[root at smp run]#

--
Yutaka KAWASE <list at yk.tp>