Failsafe clusteing software

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Feb 19 19:58:45 MET 2004

On 2004-02-19T14:41:05,
   "Donna, Michele" <Donna.Michele at realtech.it> said:

> I saw that there's an OSS SGI project called failsafe (with a good
> reputation despite it is no more developed) which has a SAP module
> (developed by Suse).
>
> Is anyone using this software ?

Linux FailSafe is technically still quite advanced, but no longer
maintained or developed. Due to various reasons - mostly due to the
lay-off round at both SGI and SuSE in 2001 -, we could no longer keep
up. That has saddened me as the responsible project manager quite a bit,
but alas: I cannot recommend it at all for new deployments.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
High Availability & Clustering	      \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs			      | try again. fail again. fail better.