Failsafe clusteing software

LinuxLab linux at sap.com
Fri Feb 20 10:10:43 MET 2004

Halle,

I've contacted Lars at SuSE, and can state the following:

- Failsafe was supported with SuSE SLES7
- it is not supported anymore with SuSE SLES8
- moreover, Failsafe seems to be "dead" (sorry ::(()
- new deployments with it cannot be recommended
   in SAP environments

If you need HA software in SLES8-based SAP installations,
please visit www.sap.com/linux and check for 3rd party/HA software.

IBM, Dell, HP offer SteelEye LifeKeeper, and FSC (Fujitsu Siemens Computers)
offers PCL (PrimeCluster). All mentioned brands are due to SAP standards
available for productive use.

Regards, Werner for LinuxLab