Probs install SLES8/ITS 6.20

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Feb 18 17:28:43 MET 2004

Hello everybody,

when starting the ITS (6.20 PL8) installation on a SuSE SLES8 (SP2a
applied) on a Dell  PowerEdge 6600, I get - right at the start of the
installation - the message:

---snip---
copying file /ITSinst/ITS/UNIX/LINUX_32/SAPINSTGUI.DTD... OK
SAPinst installed in directory /sapits.
starting SAPinst...
ERROR      2004-02-18 17:03:40 [iaxxcsihlp.hpp:438]
           main()
unknown message name (controller.errorDuringInstallation) with parameter(s):
  Problem: caught an unexpected exception.

/sapits#
---snip---

What may be the reason? The operating system was installed only yesterday,
so there may be no bad things flowing around on the filesystem ;-)

I am logged in as root with a C-Shell. The JAVA_ environment variables are
set. Nothing running on ports 21212 and 21213.

TIA for your help - \/\/erner

--
Werner Flamme, Abt. WKDV
UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle GmbH,