Unable to start WAS after install on RedHat 7.1.

Young J. Wu jiyangwu at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 15:32:41 MET 2004

I have installed the WAS test drive  on RedHat 7.1 machine.

All the installation goes smothly,  I have reference your previous thread to
install on
RedHat Linux.

And the sapbasis initiated successfully, which means a successfully
installation.

But I can not start the SAP and WAS via 'su - wasadm and call the sapstart',
get the following error messages:

wasadm>sapstart
sapparam(1c): No Profile Used.
sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline
*** unkown SAPSYSTEMNAME
(1694) Exiting with Return Code -101 (Unkown Sap-System-Name)

I have set the Gnome login console with the --login option.

Thank you!
Jiyang