Oracle 9.2 installation on Red Hat Enterprise 2.1

Christopher Ton c.ton at qut.edu.au
Tue Feb 3 03:52:43 MET 2004

Hi,

I am installing IDES 4.7 on Red hat Enterprise 2.1 and experiencing some
problems with the installation of Oracle 9.2. I recently installed WAS
6.20 on Red Hat Enterprise 2.1 and experienced some Linking problems
during the Oracle 8.1.7 installation, but managed to fixed all these
errors by applying the glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz patch.

For the IDES 4.7 installation I used the same installation procedure as
for WAS 6.20, ie setting the same environment variables and kernel
patches, but when I get to the Oracle 9.2 installation I keep on getting
the "Error in invoking target install of makefile
/oracle/AB1/920_32/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk" message. I have tried to
apply the glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz patch, but it does not work for
Oracle 9.2.

I have the following RPMs installed:

gcc-2.96.116.7.2

cpp-2.96.116.7.2

binutils-2.14-1

glibc-devel-2.3.2-5

kernel-headers-2.4.9-e.12

Any helpful hints on solving this error?

Regards,

Chris Ton

SAP Basis Administrator

Application Hosting Centre