Migration and upgrade

Oliver Butanowitz Oliver.Butanowitz at alis.de
Thu Dec 18 17:19:15 MET 2003

Hello,

2 ideas:
1. Install Oracle 9.0.4 on the SLES 8 (don't forget SR1 !) and import the data
direct in this release, than you don'tneed to make an oracle upgrade.
But for this you need special commandfiles which you can get in sapnet (sorry,
i forgot the oss-note), you can get this commandfiles also for 8.1.7
or
2. Install 8.0.5 on the target system and copy the oracle-data files - It's
not a OS-migration from Redhat to Suse !
After this make the Oracle-Upgrade to 8.1.7 or 9.0.4.

Oliver