AW: mySAP WAS TestDrive installation has failed...

Panos Platon Tsapralis mysapwasonlinux at yahoo.gr
Thu Apr 10 13:09:16 MET DST 2003

Uwe Wortmann wrote:

>Hello!
>
>There are three possible faults:
>
>1. the hostname panosplaton is too long (you must not use more than eight
>characters)
>2. the hostname panosplaton is not mentioned in /etc/hosts
>3. there is no entry or more than one in /etc/services for the port 3318:
>it should be: sapgw18  3318/tcp
>
>The first fault is the most possible to produce the described error.
>
>I hope this will help you.
>
>Regards
>
>Uwe Wortmann
>
>dq-edv systemtechnik
>Manderscheidtstr. 30
>45141 Essen
>
>Telefon: 0201-2894912
>Telefax: 0201-2894914
>E-mail : uw at dq-edv.de

Uwe, thanks for the reply. However, the host name being longer than 8
characters sounds strange to me ('localhost' is also longer than 8
chars). Anyway, I am giving it a try by replacing my host name with a
shorter one. Do you know whether there is any way to resume the
installation from the point where it has failed (or do I have to remove
& reinstall the various components)?

Regs,
Panos.