Demosystem and SuSE 7.2
chrisberrill at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 22:27:03 MET DST 2002
I am having problems with the demosystem WAS 6.10 and would be grateful for
any assistance I can get. The situation is as follows:
SAP Web Application Server 6.10 and SuSE 7.2.
I had no luck with the demosystem using SuSE 8.0 so I decided to try it out
on version 7.2 as indicated in the installation instructions.
I have installed the DEMOSYSTEM on SuSE 7.2 and get similar problems. The
Hardware Key B0473663269 hasnt changed so I used an old License which is
valid till 12 November.
The dummy devise is dummy0, and shmmax is set to 1073741824 and fs.file-max
to 8192 in /etc/sysctl.conf. The comand hostname returns linux
After trying to startsap I get an error message
- Database is not available via /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/R3trans d w
- Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/startdb
- Trying to start database
- Logfile /usr/sap/WAS/wasadm/ startdb
- /usr/sap/WAS/wasadm/ startdb: terminating with error code 2
Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/initsap.sh returns the message
- No usable license found
- Your hardware key is B0473663269
- Get a new license and restart this script as wasadm
Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/saplicense get returns the same hardware
Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/saplicense test (or test pf=WAS) returns
the message that the sapsystemname SID cannot be found
Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/saplicense install returns the message
- xxx SAPLICENSE (Release 610) ERROR xxx
- ERROR: Connect to database failed
- DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99
- SQL-ERROR - 709
I am a newbie to Linux and SAP and am getting nowhere fast. Anybody got any
ideas how I can get this system to work ?
Has anyone had the demo up and running with no problems ?
I would appreciate some help.
Kind regards in anticipation
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com
More information about the linux.general