Demosystem and SuSE 7.2

Christopher Berrill chrisberrill at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 22:27:03 MET DST 2002

Hello everybody,
I am having problems with the demosystem WAS 6.10 and would be grateful for
any assistance I can get. The situation is as follows:

SAP Web Application Server 6.10 and SuSE 7.2.

I had no luck with the demosystem using SuSE 8.0 so I decided to try it out
on version 7.2 as indicated in the installation instructions.

I have installed the DEMOSYSTEM on SuSE 7.2 and get similar problems. The
Hardware Key  B0473663269 hasn’t changed so I used an old License which is
valid till 12 November.
The dummy devise is dummy0, and shmmax is set to 1073741824 and fs.file-max
to 8192 in /etc/sysctl.conf. The comand hostname returns linux

After trying to startsap I get an error message
-	Database is not available via /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/R3trans –d w
-	Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/startdb
-	Trying to start database
-	Logfile /usr/sap/WAS/wasadm/ startdb
-	/usr/sap/WAS/wasadm/ startdb: terminating with error code 2

Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/initsap.sh returns the message

- No usable license found
- Your hardware key is B0473663269
- Get a new license and restart this script as wasadm
- /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/initsap.sh

Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/saplicense –get returns the same hardware
key
Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/saplicense –test (or –test pf=WAS) returns
the message that the sapsystemname SID cannot be found

Running /usr/sap/WAS/SYS/exe/run/saplicense –install returns the message
-	xxx SAPLICENSE (Release 610) ERROR xxx
-	ERROR: Connect to database failed
-	DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99
-	SQL-ERROR - 709

I am a newbie to Linux and SAP and am getting nowhere fast. Anybody got any
ideas how I can get this system to work ?
Has anyone had the demo up and running with no problems ?
I would appreciate some help.

Kind regards in anticipation
Chris Berrill