Help configuring SAP R/3: transaction SM59

Oliver Butanowitz Oliver.Butanowitz at alis.de
Tue Sep 17 08:16:13 MET DST 2002

Hi all,

we use the sap smtp gateway (mlunxsnd) in combination with qmail,
there's no problem with. (Qmail has a sendmail emulation which works
fine). You can find this programs on sapserv3 /general/misc/smtp i think.
This programm connects as RFC Server to the R/3 System, you only have to
configure SAP (TA SCOT) to use this RFC Destination for outgoing Internet
mail. You also have to schedule a job to start the mailtransfer from R/3.

Also incoming mail (SMTP from Extern to SAP) works with qmail and a small
script which pipes the incoming mail to mlsomail without any problems.

Regards
Oliver