Help configuring SAP R/3: transaction SM59

Andrea Setti asetti at eonegroup.it
Mon Sep 16 17:03:04 MET DST 2002

Hi, my name is Andrea Setti from ICT One s.r.l.
we are experiencing troubles configuring transaction SM59 for using a MTA (Mail Transfert Agent) with our SAP R/3 4.6C system.

We have successfully installed SAP on Compaq server with Linux SuSE 8.0 Professional and Oracle. Our company has a MTA installed on the internet-gateway running Qmail on Linux SuSE 7.3 on another host.

How can we configure the system to send emails through the MTA?

Thank you in advance for your help, greetings.

Andrea Setti, BSc  - Business Computer Technology
        IT Consultant for ICT One s.r.l.
             Reggio Emilia - ITALY