Parameter PHYS_MEMSIZE for Linux EM administration

Stephen.Martin at bmwmc.com Stephen.Martin at bmwmc.com
Fri Sep 6 19:13:13 MET DST 2002

Hello everyone,

We are doing some tuning of our Linux application servers and I have an
issue with the parameter PHYS_MEMSIZE as described in OSS note 386605.  By
default the value assigned to this parameter is 64, so according to the OSS
note I take this that only 64 MB is made available for the system.  Is this
really the case or is the kernel smart enough to use all available memory or
do I need to set this parameter to a value?  We are running the 46D kernel
with patch level 1082.  The reason for this is that SAP identified this
parameter and value in our latest Earlywatch report and recommended we
remove it from all profiles, but it was never there to begin with.

Thanks,

Stephen Martin
Senior System Administrator
Group Data Center Americas
Stephen.Martin at bmwmc.com <mailto:Stephen.Martin at bmwmc.com>

the sender immediately.

MIMEsweeper and Symantec Norton AntiVirus for the presence
of computer viruses.