glibc

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Sun Sep 1 11:03:53 MET DST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars Marowsky-Bree" <lmb at suse.de>
To: "Dmitry Melekhov" <dm at belkam.com>; <linux.general at listserv.sap.com>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 10:47 PM
Subject: Re: glibc

> On 2002-08-30T20:59:16,
>    Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com> said:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Suse just released glibc update for SLES7.
> > Can I install it on R/3 servers?
>
> No. It has not yet fully passed certification at the SAP LinuxLab, though
this
> will of course happen soon and I expect there will be no trouble, as no
core
> functionality has been touched. Because it is a security update, it was
> released as soon as possible.

Thank you!

> As SAP systems are - for many reasons - very likely running in a trusted
> network behind a firewall, the direct security impact for SAP customers is
> limited.
>
> Please wait for the SAP LinuxLab to certify kernel and glibc updates
before
> installing them.

Hmm, I never readed glibc certification news here.
Really, SLES7 had glibc update before and I installed it (this time I
decided to ask ;-) ),
but there was no info about certification yet .

http://sdb.suse.de/en/psdb/html/SuSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-7-for-IA32.html
Security update for glibc (19. Dec 2001)

btw , which components are certified? I guess kernel & glibc?