(no subject)

bbialek at ca.ibm.com bbialek at ca.ibm.com
Sun Nov 3 18:28:11 MET 2002

Hi,

 If you ask specific for the version of supported DB2 (independent of SAP)
check out http://www.ibm.com/db2/linux/validate.  In opposite to other
vendors we qualify following the kernel and library versions not the
branding - so a workstation is fine for us. AFAIK RedHat is not supported
for production use with newer releases from them (www.sap.com/linux) but of
course you are fine for testing ...

Cheers,
Boris

Boris C. Bialek , Manager DB2 Strategic Technologies
(Email, MSNMessenger and Sametime: bbialek at ca.ibm.com)
IBM Toronto Lab, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, L6C 1C7, Canada
Tel: +1 (905) 413 3078   Fax: + 1 (905) 413 4928  T/L: 969-3078
http://www.can.ibm.com/torontolab

                      "F B."
                      <bubba0 at hotmail.com>             To:       linux.general at listserv.sap.com
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      linux.general-admin at lists        Subject:  (no subject)
                      erv.sap.com

                      11/03/2002 12:06 PM

I have the IBM db2 version of SAP and was wondering if I need to install
RedHat Linux server or workstation? I would like to use the guistart on the

same PC where SAP is installed.

Thanks
John