How to enable JVM native thread support?

Axel Braun Axel.Braun at gmx.de
Sat Jun 30 14:56:41 MET DST 2001

** Reply to message from Wolfgang Kess <kess at sap.tum.de> on Fri, 29 Jun 2001
13:28:46 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I got some problems with JavaGUI.
>
> How to enable JVMs native thread support?
>
> > If you want to use a different Java virtual machine, make sure that it
> > runs with native thread support enabled.
>

> /usr/bin/linux/native_threads/jre: cannot execute

I think this depends a little on the jre and the Distribution. In my suse
Distri, there is an entry in  /etc/rc.config:

# Set this to native, if you want *real* Multithreading,
# e.g. in combination with SMP-systems

JAVARUNT_THREADS_TYPE="native"

I think the alternative is 'green'

Cheers
Axel

Dr.-Ing. Axel K. Braun <axel.braun at gmx.de>
Fon: +49.173.7003.154
----
The requirements were 'Windows 2000 or better'.
So....I used Linux