Productive SAP on Linux

Frank.Schraven at gmx.de Frank.Schraven at gmx.de
Fri Jun 22 13:30:51 MET DST 2001

> So you migrated from NT to Linux on the same hardware. How do you compare
> the performance of an NT system versus a Linux system?
Hard to say - under heavy load there are nearly no differences. When things
are running well, Linux releases the work processes much quicker than NT, but
this is a more technical view since users won't even notice this fact. In
batch processing Linux gains a bigger  performance advantage over NT. In fact,
I do think what you'll win with Linux is better stability and under some
circumstances slightly better database updates.

Frank Schraven
Manß & Partner GmbH

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Der zweitgrößte Lotto-Jackpot aller Zeiten: 36 Mio. DM suchen einen
Gewinner!
Jetzt online tippen und nebenbei noch eine Reise nach Las Vegas gewinnen!
http://www.get1.de/gmx-gewinnspiel2