Productive SAP on Linux

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Jun 20 16:56:24 MET DST 2001

On 2001-06-20T14:14:18,
   Andy.Geraerts at care4data.com said:

> We would like to set up a cluster. Anyone any idea if this is supported by
> either SAP or Linux? How many nodes?
>
> We have 2 buildings at both sides of the street. We would like to place a
> server on both sides of the street. This must be virtually 1 machine. If
> one goes down, the other should take over...

If you wish to setup a HA cluster with SAP, check out Linux FailSafe for an
Open Source solution. The SAP agent has been developed by me at the SAP
LinuxLab.

<plug>If you need professional services, consulting, support and training for
a HA Linux setup, SuSE can help you with that</plug>

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lars.marowsky-bree at sap.com>
    SuSE Linux AG at the SAP LinuxLab - lmb at suse.de

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl