backup

PRAUSE at de.ibm.com PRAUSE at de.ibm.com
Wed Jun 20 16:09:13 MET DST 2001

Please respond to linux-general at sap.com

To:   linux-general at sap.com
cc:
Subject:  Re: backup

-------------- next part --------------

Hi Klaus,

<klaus.brand at sap.com> wrote:

> Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com> writes:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > Very stupid question, imho :)
> > Is it possible to backup R/3 without buying 3 party software to
> > tape on remote machine?
> Yes, it is!
>
> You can use all the nice little tools Linux has on-board:
> cpio, tar, dd, dump/restore, ... and save
> /usr/sap, /sapmnt + {/oracle|/sapdb|/informix|/db2}.

As far as I understand wants Dimitry to use the tape on a
remote system. How do you cpio to a remote tape?

IMHO this is only possible w/ 3rd party software.

Mit freundlichen Gr??en / with kind regards
Thomas Prause

Enterprise Solution Development
product info: http://www.de.ibm.com/entwicklung/tdp_sapr3