Productive SAP on Linux

Markus Döhr doehrm at aubi.de
Wed Jun 20 15:41:29 MET DST 2001

> > How long did this migration take? Is it by doing a database
> > export-import?
> We had the chance to do some test migrations in advance which
> helped us going around some difficulties. - The migration
> itself took a weekend but it might be better to take a longer
> one (- where you get three or four whole days) since the
> R3load is time consuming anyway. It's a normal heterogenous
> system copy method starting with a dbexport ...

We "migrated" by using a SAPDB cold backup (NT) restoring under Linux. That
worked very well since there's no endian conversion necessary. The DB is
about 80 GB and restored in about 3 hours. After tweaking a little bit the
profile parameters the system came up.

--
Markus Doehr            AUBI Baubeschläge GmbH
SAP R/3 Basis           Zum Grafenwald